Summary: Adding Raptivity interactivies to Articulate Presenter is relatively easy and straightforward provided you follow some basic guidelines.
Adding another tool to Articulate Presenter
Well we have already looked at other E Learning tools which we can incorporate with Articulate software. This article looks at a relative newcomer to the E learning scene, Raptivity . Essentially an interaction builder, or in Raptivity terms, an interactivity builder, Articulate Presenter allows you to incorporate it with relative ease and with sometimes great effect, again showing us how great Presenter can be as a way of pulling all our learning resources together. Let’s look at a few examples first of what we can do:
How do you do it?
There are a few things that are worth noting when using Raptivity with Articulate Presenter:
Size and position of the interactivity in the slide
First the Raptivity interactivity is made to fit into the slide. In fact, the default size for interactivities is 715 x 500 pixels which is pretty much ideal for importing into Articulate Presenter. (Originally Raptivity interactivities were a different size and fitted badly.)
- Unlike Quizmaker quizzes, or Engage interactions or indeed Articulate Presenter Learning Games, it is NOT possible to link direct from Raptivity interactivities to other parts of your PowerPoint project.
- However, because the movie does not fill the complete slide, it is possible to add navigation on the slide or a title beside the interactivity.
The user will either click on the navigation controls you have added to the slide (like in the demo) or they will click on the Articulate controls. Just move the slide up or down in the slide in PowerPoint.
Blending Raptivity with the rest of your project
Second, as you can see from the demo above, it is possible to blend your Raptivity interactivities with the rest of your PowerPoint project, by hiding the background image given in Raptivity.
- By making the background image blank in Raptivity, it essentially becomes transparent, allowing you to place the interactivities on top of your existing slide backgrounds.
- This makes for a much more consistent look to your presentation.
To do this, look for the “Input parameters” and then the “Background image” and clear the value that is already there:
Publishing parameters in Articulate Presenter
- Simply import it as a Flash Movie (Articulate -> Insert Flash Movie..) and choose to insert in the slide.
- Make sure in step 3 of the wizard you set the movie to begin AFTER the slide has begun, or your Raptivity interactivity WILL NOT work.
- Finally publish as normal.
When it comes to publishing your interactivity in Raptivity, make sure that you choose to publish in a single SWF. Doing that vastly simplifies the importing of the movie into Articulate Presenter.
Once you have published your Raptivity interactivity into a single SWF file, then it is dead easy to import it into Articulate Presenter.
Extra points to note when using Raptivity with Articulate Presenter